The Kondo home was built in the late Edo period around 1850. It is a two story structure originally built in the traditional kirizumayane (切妻屋根）style with a single V-shaped tiled roof over a two-story building.
The building was actually a home for generations of the Kondo family as well as a pharmacy that served Matsuzaki residents.
In 1878 Kondo Heizaburou was born in this home. He went on to become a very famous specialist in alkaloids receiving the Order of Culture in 1958.
Today the home still remains in the Kondo family.